Monday, September 15, 2008

The polls are now open

( a little election themed entry)

With many of the major, and even semi-major (can that exist?) decisions made, my mind is now left to wonder on such things as: accessories, hair, make-up etc. Today the focus is on outerwear. An essential item for the winter bride. I currently live in my ankle length down coat for six months out of the year. However, something tells me I would not look so blushing were I to wear it on the big day. I must find a fabulous jacket to wear en route from the ceremony to the reception, along with any daring outdoor shots we attempt to take.

The coat must fit effortlessly into my color scheme, it must be warm, and above all it needs to be fierce. I have done some browsing. Here are some thoughts.

For blue colored coats

This seems to be the most true to the color blue I have chosen. But I wonder if it is dressy enough.
This color is called "Lapis" I like it for it's simplicity. Plus it's on sale.

Silver

Definitely unique, although I feel it may look too much like a raincoat.

For a winter white look

Classy and simple. Of course I would be destined to spill something on it.

Classy with a touch of funk?

To be honest my ideal wedding coat would look something like this

Isn't it amazing? I would not necessarily want these colors, but just look at this beauty. It's would be like wearing a painting. So unique. So special. Too bad it's um....(sob)....upwards of $3,000.


My question to you dear friends, family and readers is which do you prefer? Are you down with the blue, should I go for classic white, funky silver? Or should I try to find a coat like the dreamy Osacar de la Renta? If so, where do you think I could find one for say 90% less?

Help!

Remember this election is about you....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what about some kind of wrap? like a stole, or perhaps a poncho? Although I do like the idea of throwing something casual on top of probably the most formal thing you will ever wear...