Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Woman's Right to Shoes

Yes that is an SATC reference.

I, like Carrie Bradshaw, have an obsession with shoes. Nothing seems to lift you up when you are feeling down like a new pair of shoes. They can make or break an outfit. So you can understand my strong desire to find the right pair for my wedding. I have been searching high and lo for a while now. I even forced Jürgen to spend a few hours looking with me. No such luck so far.

At the moment I am not keen on wearing white shoes. After all my dress is white, why not switch it up. Of course a deep blue shoe would be my preference but I cannot seem to find many that I like. One style I am interested in is:

It's classy with a touch of sparkle. I wonder if the bow would be annoying though, plus I am not sure if the heel is high enough.

Then of course there is the Carrie Bradshaw dream shoe....
Mr. Big (ugh, do NOT like him. I am such an Aidan gal) gave Carrie these in the movie. I could die, seriously. They are so beautiful. Probably too bright, and oh yeah they are Manolo's so they cost the same as a black market kidney. No go. But if I could find a pair like them. Oh where or where would they be?

Naturally the next choice in color would be silver (I feel like I am hitting people over the head with this theme). Some ideas:
Meh. It's pretty but I think it's king of boring? Am I wrong?
Another, similar in style, and similar in boring factor. zzzzzz.....
These would not work, but I was intrigued by the sapphire blue in the brooch. But they are too grey...

Another Carrie Bradshaw shoe
Again, I could die. These shoes were featured in the show bearing the same title as my blog. Carrie goes to a party (thrown by Tatum O'Neal back when she wasn't a crack addict) and she has to remove her shoes. At the end of the party they are missing! Gasp! And they are Monolo's! In the end she gets a new pair and jumps over puddles in the streets of the Big Apple. Yeah, don't deny it, you know the episode.

I could beat anyone in SATC triva, just try me.

Regardless, I LOVE these shoes. Notice a theme in style? They are classy and simple, yet they have a touch of pizazz that I like. These are not as expensive as the blue ones, but still maybe more than is necessary. Really? Maybe I could donate plasma or something.

Now I have found one pair of ivory shoes that I find pretty

I am just not crazy about them. Honestly, I want to get shoes I would actually want to wear again, so this feels like an important decision.

Also, I secretly want to change into crazy sneakers for the reception. I am a wimp when in comes to heels. Carrie would be terribly displeased with me.

Thoughts? Places to look? Help! (again!)

2 comments:

Ellen said...

One note of personal experience, jewels on the shoe + long dress = frayed hemline! Also increased potential to get shoe affixed to dress = falling down!

So much fun to get some insight into all your plans, continue to agonize over the decision not to be there!

Unknown said...

girl,get some beautiful ballet flats not SNEAKERS. You may be from Kentucky,but this a classy event.